By participating in this activity, you acknowledge and represent to Summit Ropes LLC (“Summit Ropes”) that you have received and read these Safety Rules of participation and agree to comply with them.
- Participants must be between 4 – 6 years of age.
- Participants may not be taller than 4 feet 11 inches (150 cm).
- Participants may not weight more than 125 pounds.
- Participants must be at least age 7 and up.
- Participants may not be taller than 6 feet 5 inches (195 cm).
- Participants may not weight more than 285 pounds.
If you do not fit these criteria, you may not participate in the Ropes Course.
- Tie up long hair, tuck away necklaces and remove hoop/dangling earrings and all loose jewelry.
- Wear closed toe and closed heel shoes. Slip off shoes are not permitted.
- Your harness must be fitted and adjusted by an instructor.
- Cell phones should not be carried onto the course and use is prohibited while on the course as they can distract you and could fall below, putting others at risk. If you must keep your phone with you, it must be turned off and kept in a secure pocket.
- Securely attach to you any items that may fall, at all times when above the ground.
- You must adhere to the supervision requirements. If you will be supervising children between 4–15 years of age, you must ensure that you can see clearly see their safety attachments at all times.
- If you need glasses or contacts to drive, you should wear them while participating in the activities at our facility.
- Discard chewing gum as it is a choking hazard.
- Smoking, vaping and smokeless tobacco of any kind is prohibited in the Summit Ropes facility and on our course.
- No eating or drinking is allowed while on the course. Should you get thirsty, please exit the course and proceed to the reception area.
- Never be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Read and understand all instructions.
- All participants, individually or through their legal guardian, must complete the appropriate Assumption of Risk and Release and Waiver of Liability form prior to participation.
The course is made up of a number of sites. Site one, the training ground school site, is where a Summit Ropes staff member will fit your safety harness and belay system and connect you to the course safety lines. He or she will explain and demonstrate how your safety equipment works. If you or any member of your group does not understand English, you must make your instructor aware of this. If you decide you do not wish to proceed beyond site one, Summit Ropes will refund your money.
You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your possessions. You will not be supervised by any Summit Ropes personnel. You must follow these Safety Rules.
The activities in the Summit Ropes facility are designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength who are in reasonably good health. Certain pre-existing medical conditions, including but not limited to obesity, high blood pressure, pregnancy, heart disease or other cardiac condition, severe pulmonary problems, and other pre-existing musculoskeletal problems may impair the safety and well-being of participants, as may other medical and psychological conditions. All such conditions increase the inherent risks of the experience. These activities are not recommended for participants with pre-existing injuries or underlying medical conditions that may put them at greater risk of injury, illness, heart attack and or death. Any participant with pre-existing injuries or underlying medical conditions is strongly recommended to consult with his/her physician prior to participation.
YOU MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE SAFETY SYSTEM WITH AT LEAST ONE SAFETY LINE AT ALL TIMES WHEN ABOVE THE GROUND. People have fallen from ropes courses because they failed to ensure that they were clipped on correctly.
- No more than 3 people may be on a platform at one time.
- Only 1 person may be on an element or obstacle at one time.
- If you get tangled or hung-up on an element, signal a Summit Ropes associate for assistance.
4-15 year old(s) must be supervised on the course by an adult at all times. One adult may supervise up to 2 children aged 4-15. If you are supervising one or more 4-15 year old(s), both you and they are responsible for ensuring that they follow these Safety Rules and are correctly attached to the safety system at all times. Further, they must be under your direct supervision at all times. This means they will be visible to you and that you will ensure you can see their attachments at all times.
REMEMBER: YOU MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE SAFETY SYSTEM WITH AT LEAST ONE SAFETY LINE AT ALL TIMES WHEN ABOVE THE GROUND!
If you are seen not following any of these Safety Rules, you will be shown either a yellow or red card. A yellow card is a warning that you immediately must comply with these Safety Rules. A red card means that you immediately must leave Summit Ropes property, in which event, you will not receive any refund.
Sign up for updates
And Be Entered To
WIN 2 FREE Passes!
We will be raffling 2 Free Passes to Summit Ropes every month.